Main Phone Number
(773) 674-CCSO (2276)

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Twitter Fan us on Facebook Fan us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on YouTube


Search for Inmate Information/Visitation Registration

Safe Disposal of
Prescription Drugs

Submit a Crime Tip

Freedom of Information
Act Request

Detainee Discharge

Animal Abuser Registry Look-up

The Opioid Crisis

Sheriff's Reentry
Assistance Network

Public Corruption
Complaint Forms

Merit Board Decisions
& Video

Civil Process Service

Evictions, Foreclosures
& Civil Process

Sheriff's Employment
Action Manual

Social Services

Internet Safety Tips


Firearm Information

How do I get Recovered Property Back?

Home > F.A.Q. > How do I get Recovered Property Back?

If property is “Hold for Owner”, the owner can come with valid identification to pick up. Call 708-865-4841 to make appointment.

If property is “Hold for Investigation”, the property has to be released by the investigating officer first before the owner can come to pick it up. The owner can call 708-865-4841 to inquire.

If property is a gun, the owner needs court order papers, or fill out a gun packet (should be notarized) to have property released.
The owner can Call 708-865-4841 for more information.


Home / Site Map / Search Site / Legal Disclaimer / Login